Brother Printer Connecting WLAN problem. How do I troubleshoot it?
Brother printer is a renowned printer brand known for delivering quality printing machines. The printed delivers outstanding printing performance, however, users of encounter technical troubles with the device. One such issue faced by the users is the “Brother Printer Connecting WLAN” error. If your Brother printer is not connecting to Wi-Fi, this guide can help you to troubleshoot the problem. Here, we are sharing some easy solutions that can help you to fix the Brother Printer Connecting WLAN issue. So keep reading, and follow the easy steps to get rid of the trouble.
Troubleshooting steps to fix Brother printer stuck on connecting WLAN problem.
Restart your printer and router
The first and foremost thing you need to do to fix the Brother printer stuck on connecting WLAN problem is to restart your printer and a Wi-Fi router.
- Turn off both devices. For this, you need to press the power button for about 15 seconds.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Turn on the devices.
- The green light on the device indicates that it is turned on and working.
- Go on the wireless settings, and connect your printer again.
Make sure that your printer is in a Wi-Fi zone
- Open the WLAN section.
- You can see the bar indicating the WiFi connection strength.
- If the number of bars is less than 3, then the Wi-Fi connectivity is slow.
- You have to place your printer within the Wi-Fi connectivity zone. Place it somewhere near the router and modem.
- Check the strength again, if the number of bars is higher, your connectivity is strong.
Reset the WLAN settings.
Still, if your Brother printer stuck on connecting WLAN and showing an error message “not connected to IP address”, you have to reset the WLAN settings.
- Turn on your printer.
- Go to the menu.
- Click on the Network option.
- Hit the Ok button.
- Hit the Next button.
- Choose the ” reset network” option.
- Hit the Ok button.
- When the pop-up shows up on your screen, press 1.
- Reconnect the Wi-Fi.
Update the software
Sometimes the outdated printer software is the reason that users face issues with Brother Printer Connecting WLAN. Therefore, you need to update the printer software to get rid of the trouble. Visit the Brother printer official website to update the printer software.
Update the Wi-Fi router settings
Updating the Wi-Fi router settings can help you to get rid of the trouble.
- Open the router admin panel.
- Go to the wireless section.
- Click on the wireless security tab.
- Select 64 WEP security mode.
- Enter the password to generate.
- Repeat the same process for the 5.0-bit GHz network.
- Save the changes.
We hope that these simple instructions will help you to fix this Brother Printer Connecting WLAN problem with the device. Now you can connect the printer to Wi-Fi and start printing the documents. However, if you are still having trouble connecting the printer to the wireless network, it is recommended to contact the Brother printer support team for the ways of expert advice.