Brother Printer Keeps going Offline on MAC. How do I troubleshoot it?
Brother printer is a reputed Japanese printing brand that is popular for designing multi-functional good quality printers. From inkjet to wireless, Brother has designed a variety of printers and satisfied the printing requirements of millions of people worldwide. Although the Brother printer delivers an outstanding printing experience, MAC users often reported technical trouble with the device while printing the documents. One of the most common problems faced by the users is that their Brother printer keeps going offline on Mac. There could be numerous reasons why this error code may appear on the screen. In this guide, we are going to share the easy steps that can help you with the Brother printer offline Mac error. So, keep reading and proceed with easy instructions to troubleshoot the issue.
Solutions to getting rid of the Brother Printer Offline Mac Error
Check the Brother Printer
The first thing you need is to check and make sure that your Brother printer is turned on and drivers are properly installed. Verify the printer connection, there should be no technical trouble. Check the printer paper tray, there should be no jam.
Set default printer
If you haven’t set your printer as the default printing device, you cannot print the document and your Brother printer says offline error. Therefore, make sure that your printer is set as the default printer. Here is how you can do it on a Mac device.
- Open the Apple menu.
- Go to the “System Preferences”.
- Click on the “Print” option.
- Hit the “Fax or Print” command.
- Select the Brother printer from the drop-down list to set it as the default printer.
Update the printer driver
For boosting the performance of your Brother printer, you need to update the printer drivers whenever the new update is available. If you do not update the printer drivers on regular basis, all the printer related issues can be easily resolved. Here is what to do to update the Brother printer driver.
- Visit the Brother Printer Official website.
- Select the printer model number.
- Hit the “Search” button.
- Browse your device.
- Choose the Mac device in the “downloading” dialog box.
- Click “Quick Click” on the system.
- Hit the Search button.
- Tap the “Driver” dialog box.
- Hit the “Driver” option.
- Hit the “Blue” button.
- “Agree to EULA and download”.
- Let the download process gets completed.
- Open the default download location.
- Double click on the file you have downloaded.
- Proceed with the onscreen step to complete the installation process.
So, these are some easy instructions that can help you to if the Brother Printer Says offline error. We hope that after following these instructions, your error will be resolved. But if your device is still offline and you need help, get in touch with the expert for professional assistance. The Brother Support team will help you to figure out the best possible solution to fix the issue and share other useful tips for a better printing experience.